On Monday, Cameron woke up with some bad stomach pain, but wasn't sure what it was, so he decided to go to work and wait it out to see if it would go away. It didn't, so he went to the clinic at General Mills, and the doctor there thought it might be gallstones, but told him it would probably be a good idea to go get it checked out.
He came home from work around 12:30, and was still unsure about what to do, so he called a nurse hotline and his doctor, and asked what they thought he should do. They told him to go get an ultrasound done, so he drove himself to urgent care (yes, drove himself...Miley was down for a nap, and he told me to just stay with her and he would keep me updated...bad wife moment?? Probably...). He ended up being at urgent care and then the ER for about 4 and a half hours, and he got a CT scan that showed he had appendicitis. So he called me up and said he was going to have surgery that evening. I was in the middle of getting Miley some dinner, so I said I would start gathering some stuff to take her to Cameron's brother's house so I could be up there with him. I thought I had at least an hour before they would do his surgery, but he called me 10 minutes later and said they were taking him back. So I got Miley over to Don and Cindy's, and I went over to the hospital to wait.
The surgery went well...they were able to do it laproscopically (meaning, three small cuts instead of one big cut), which means a shorter recovery time, so that is good. I took a couple pictures right when I first saw him...I think he was a little out of it still. :)
Cameron has been doing well since, but I think is going a little stir crazy from being home all week! He can't lift anything over 15 pounds for two weeks, so I have been on Miley duty 24/7, which has been harder than I thought when I am so used to having such a great husband who helps out so much!
Anyway, quite the adventure for our little family...we are glad Cameron is healthy and is recovering well, and hope that we can avoid anything like this again in the near future!



.gif)
4 comments:
Poor Cameron, Yo Gabba Gabba was just too much for you huh?
Poor Cam... although the surgery must not have been TOO bad if he was able to muster up a smile for that picture! Hope he is recovering well... we are thinking of you guys!
I'm glad Cameron is recovering well. I hope you're all doing okay! What a week.
That is so crazy! Appendicitis sucks! I had to get mine out when I was 20 but it had already ruptured so they had to do the big cut and that was lame! All surgery is lame though, poor poor Cameron! Hope he gets feeling better soon!
Post a Comment